Table of Contents
- What are the Insurance Options for Addiction Treatment?
- Private Insurance
- Commercial Insurance
- TRICARE for Military
- Townsend of Louisiana Will Help You Navigate Insurance!
What Are My Insurance Options For Addiction Treatment?
It can be tough to admit when you or a loved one are struggling with substance abuse or addiction. Admitting that the problem is interfering with your ability to function and be happy is the first step in the path to recovery. You do not have to walk this path alone. The trained professionals at Townsend are here to help you recover. Do not let your circumstances stand in the way of what is important to you—reclaiming your life from the cycle of addiction. Our caring staff will work with you to find how your insurance provider may be used to cover the cost of substance abuse and addiction treatment at our facilities.
Due to the Affordable Care Act, a variety of addiction and substance abuse treatments are now more accessible. However, each plan differs regarding the type of coverage that is provided and the length of treatment that is covered. Contacting your insurance provider is the best way to know the details of your coverage for treatment. Below is a list of accepted insurance options for substance abuse and addiction treatment.
Townsend accepts Medicaid to cover the cost of treatment for substance abuse and addiction. Medicaid is an insurance program that is funded both by the state and federal government. This form of insurance is provided to low-income individuals and families, disabled individuals, and pregnant women who qualify.
The regulations and policies regarding Medicaid eligibility can differ in each state. If you are a part of the group that Medicaid is offered, Townsend can assist you in finding if you qualify for this coverage. If you qualify for Medicaid, our rehabilitation center will determine what costs your plan covers regarding substance abuse and addiction treatment. Costs of treatment may vary by state. The Louisiana Medicaid Program is regulated and operated within the Louisiana Department of Health.
The following criteria qualify you to receive Medicaid in Louisiana:
- You receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) from the Social Security Administration (SSA)
- You receive financial assistance from the Office of Family Support (OFS) through the Family Independence Assistance Program (FITAP)
The following criteria may also qualify you to receive Medicaid in Louisiana:
- You meet the Social Security Administration’s definition of disabled
- You are a low-income parent of children under age 19
- You have corrected vision no better than 20/200 (legally blind)
- You are a child under age 19
- You are pregnant
- You need treatment for breast and/or cervical cancer but have no insurance
- You are between the ages of 19 to 64 years old; your household income is less than 138% of the federal poverty level; you are not currently qualified for Medicaid or Medicare; you are considered as meeting citizenship requirements.
How to Apply for Medicaid in Louisiana
Keep in mind, our caring staff at Townsend of Louisiana can assist you every step of the way
- Online- You can apply or submit a renewal for Medicaid online through the Louisiana Medicaid Online Application (OLA).
- Call- The Medicaid hotline is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 pm. You can call toll-free at 1-888-342-6207. Medicaid agents will assist you in the process.
- Mail- You can download Medicaid applications online. Print, then sent through mail or fax. The mailing address and fax number may be found on the Medicaid website.
- In-person- You can visit your local Medicaid office to apply in-person. Personnel at the Medicaid office will assist you in the process.
Private Insurance Providers
The Affordable Care Act of 2010 requires insurance providers to offer treatment for substance abuse and addiction because it is now considered a preexisting condition. Townsend of Louisiana accepts private insurance to cover the cost of substance abuse and addiction.
It is always important to check with your insurance provider to find out what your plan will cover regarding the cost of substance use disorder and addiction treatment. Our specialists can assist you in this process and recommend the best treatment for you based on your mental health condition and coverage.
Townsend accepts the following private insurance providers:
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health Network
Commercial Insurance Plans
Townsend accepts commercial insurance to cover the cost of substance abuse and addiction treatment. Commercial insurance plans are not provided by the government or any federal funding. The most common commercial insurance plans are Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) and Preferred Provider Organization (PPO). However, there are several options to choose from when selecting commercial insurance.
Accepted Commercial Insurance Plans
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)- You must select a primary care physician (PCP) within your HMO network. The same applies to many other health specialists including substance abuse and addiction treatment centers. The cost of treatment may be limited based on your coverage plan. Your monthly premiums, deductibles, and co-pays will vary. Our team can assist you in finding what your plan covers for treatment at our facility.
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)- PPOs are similar to HMOs; however, PPOs offer more options and flexibility concerning healthcare service providers. PPOs may cover a small portion of the cost of a healthcare specialist that is out of your PPO network. PPO allows you more options outside your network by reducing the cost for some healthcare providers. Verify your PPO with our staff to find what works best for you.
- TRICARE for Military
Active-duty military, honorably discharged veterans, family members, reservists, and National Guard personnel are eligible for TRICARE healthcare insurance. TRICARE is a federally funded insurance program to help those who serve or have served and their families. Both military members and their family members may also receive TRICARE health insurance to cover the cost of treatment for substance abuse and addiction. However, TRICARE may only pay a portion of the cost based on your specific coverage plan. In some cases, TRICARE may only pay for outpatient detoxification. It is best to contact TRICARE online or by calling the number on their website. You will be directed to personnel that can assist you in finding what your plan currently will cover in treatment.
TRICARE Insurance Covers the following:
- Medical detoxification supervised by medical professionals
- Inpatient treatment (length of stay is determined)
- Prescription medications
- Outpatient treatment
- Codependency and depression counseling for their families
What Do I Do if I am Uninsured?
If you do not have any of the insurance providers listed above, do not let that stop you from reaching out for help. Your life and sobriety are important. Our staff will assist you in finding if and what kind of insurance you may be eligible for. If we are unable to secure an insurance provider for you, the cost of treatment may be paid in full. If that is currently not an option for you at this time, do not lose hope. Several facilities around New Orleans can assist in your recovery. Other options to consider are Narcotics Anonymous (NA) or Alcoholic Anonymous (AA). In-person meetings, as well as virtual meetings, are available. To attend a virtual meeting, you will need to have an electronic device that connects to the internet. This can include a cell phone, a computer, or any other electronic device that has or can connect to a microphone and camera. Please call us today for more information and to discuss more resources available to you.
Townsend Will Help You Navigate Insurance
If you or a loved one are struggling with substance abuse or addiction, please do not let your situation or circumstances prevent you from calling Townsend. Our highly qualified staff cares about you and your path to recovery. Seeking treatment for substance abuse and addiction is courageous. You do not have to walk the path of recovery alone. Our staff will provide honest and accurate information regarding the cost of treatment. Verify your insurance today on our website or give us a call. Townsend is here to help you.