Nola.com | The Times Picayune – August, 25 2013
More than a dozen companies in the New Orleans area have made Inc. Magazine’s list of the 5,000 fastest-growing firms in the United States. Louisiana as a whole had 37 on the 2013 list.
The list factors in three years of revenue growth from 2009 through 2012 and the number of jobs added at each firm in the last three years.
- Hernandez Consulting of New Orleans, which provides construction, security and project management services to government agencies, grew from $1.7 million in revenue in 2009 to $16.8 million in 2012 and added 15 employees, reaching 19 total and 524th on the list.
- Innovative Advertising of Mandeville, a media and communications company, grew from $1.7 million to $11.2 million and added five employees, bringing the total to 20 and ranking 804th for growth.
- Search Influence of New Orleans, an Internet marketing firm, had $1.1 million in revenue in 2009 and $4.6 million in 2012, adding 36 employees for a total of 47, putting it 1,272nd on the list.
- Archon Information Systems of New Orleans, an information technology firm providing services for government agencies, grew from $2.4 million in revenue to $8.7 million and added 43 employees to reach 58, making position 1,541 on the list.
- Bottom Line Equipment of St. Rose, which rents out construction and demolition equipment, rose from $10.5 million to $29.9 million and added 24 of its 39 employees in the last three years, landing at 2,025th.
- AAC Enterprises of Metairie, which produces lighting systems for car, home, business, marine and industrial use, rose from $1.5 million to $4 million and grew from six to 20 employees, landing 2,275th on the list of 5,000.
- First NBC Bank Holding Company, the New Orleans-based bank, rose from $47.9 million to $119.6 million, placing it 2,408th. The Inc. list did not include a count for employees added in the last three years at First NBC but said the bank employs 433 people.
- QCS Logistics of New Orleans, which provides courier, freight delivery and warehouse services, grew from $1.4 million to $3 million and added 50 employees for a total of 75, ranking 2,863rd.
- Netchex of Mandeville, a human resources, payroll and benefits manager, grew from $4.7 million to $9.4 million and added 40 employees to the 25 previously in place, achieving a ranking of 3,213.
- NewBath, a New Orleans-based installer of bathtubs and showers for people with limited mobility, grew from $5.7 million to $11.1 million and added 64 employees to its total of 105, coming in at position 3,324.
- Geocent of Metairie, an information technology, engineering and technical support firm, climbed from $15.8 million to $29.6 million and added 150 employees, reaching 230 total, giving it a rank of 3,502nd.
- CompuCure of New Orleans, an information technology consulting firm, jumped from $2.5 million to $4.2 million, added two employees to its 26 and ranked 4,031st.
A 13th firm on the list, Townsend, which runs addiction treatment clinics, is based in New Orleans according to company officials but maintains office administration functions and its mailing address in Lafayette, which Inc. Magazine lists as its base. Townsend went from $1.1 million in revenue in 2009 to $5.4 million in 2012 added 57 employees, creating a staff of 68. Townsend ranked 1,037th.